Car keys with low batteries can be annoying, but they are simple to fix! To replace the battery in your Hyundai key, follow these steps:
- By pressing the metal tab on the back of your key, you can take out the spare physical key. By turning the key in the hole it is placed into, you can pop the plastic fob casing open.
- The battery can be seen on the other side of the shell when the circuit board has been gently removed.
- Consult your owner’s handbook to determine the battery you require before removing the old one and installing the new one. Ensure that the negative side of the new battery is facing up when it is installed.
- Reinstall the circuit board, clamp the plastic casing close, and insert the metal key once more.
Your car key’s battery is now fully charged in an instant! You risk being locked out of your car if your key isn’t working, so having extra batteries on hand is a good idea.
Roadside assistance is something Jerry can help you with if you want to be protected the next time your battery dies. As a licensed broker, Jerryas offers you access to the best roadside support available, including features like towing, lockout service, and a mechanics hotline. To find out if you’re eligible for a reduced rate of $50 for your first year, check the app or give one of our helpful representatives a call!
In This Article...
A Hyundai key fob requires what kind of battery?
A CR2032 battery powers the majority of Hyundai key fobs. Once you have a new Hyundai key fob replacement battery in your possession, insert it into your key fob exactly where the old one was. Check to see if the battery is in contact with each connection.
Why won’t my key fob operate now that the battery has been changed?
The most typical fix for a broken key fob is a battery replacement. However, replacing the batteries may not always be the best course of action. Therefore, your key fob might not operate even after a battery change for various reasons.
Handling the key fob circuit carefully is the first step in fixing the issue. Do not use your bare hands to contact the key fob circuit if you are not familiar with handling electronics. Call a professional right away to quickly diagnose and resolve the issue.
The following are additional causes for the key FOB’s malfunction:
Over time, a car remote’s button will inevitably wear out. When the button is depressed, the contacts notify the circuit board to carry out commands. The contacts may become separated from the buttons as they deteriorate. Pressing the buttons repeatedly is one of the greatest techniques to identify worn-out car buttons on car remotes.
Determine which of the following circumstances applies:
- Only certain button presses, or all button presses, function.
- One button operates while the other does not.
There is a problem with the automobile remote if the plastic that covers the key fob has also cracked. Open the key fob using basic tools, then inspect it for damaged contacts or crooked buttons. In the event that doesn’t work, get a new automobile key fob.
Your car remote might not function after changing the battery for another cause, which is the lock. Look for these indications to determine whether the lock or auto door has become faulty.
- Manual or key operation of the lock does not cause it to unlock or lock.
- Some door locks can be opened remotely, but not all.
- Without the doors opening, a signal has been transmitted, as indicated by the indicator light flashing.
- Door lock operates partially or not at all.
The automobile key may become damaged as a result of things like water, scratches, etc. The key fob may be damaged if it stops functioning right away after being trodden on, submerged in water, or opened. Other indicators to look out for include:
- Whether a backup key functions
- The buttons are stationary.
- The Key is clearly damaged.
A damaged key can be replaced with a new car key. The key fob can be reprogrammed with assistance from the Colorado Springs Locksmith specialists.
There is a good likelihood that the battery change reset a car remote. When certain buttons are pressed, the key fob can also be reset. Therefore, the failure of many key fobs is a good indication that the automobile key remote has been reset. There are two indicators to watch out for:
- No spare remotes operate.
- car remote completely quits functioning
A Hyundai key battery costs how much?
The battery in your Hyundai key fob is simple to change. A replacement CR 2032 3V battery is all that is required. They typically cost between $3 and $5 for a pack of 5. Wearing latex gloves is advised because you will be contacting a motherboard during this process, which could result in unintended harm.
- Remove the emergency key from the fob’s base.
- Between the release button and the key slot, insert the key.
- Turn the key until the fob pops open as if you were unlocking a door.
- Open the fob while facing the buttons downward (otherwise they will fall out).
- Remove the barrier and motherboard, then set aside the button-side of the fob.
- Remove the dead battery from its mount using the key.
- Place the + side of the new battery in its bracket.
- Replace the fob’s button-half, motherboard, and barrier.
- Set the release button peg in the appropriate hole.
- Reassemble the fob with a snap.
You’re done now! Press any button to put your Hyundai Smart Key to the test. If all was done correctly, a tiny red light should flash over the unlock button.
How is the Hyundai Smart Key pry opened?
The case ought to open easily. In order to start, look for a little notch or imprint down the side of your key fob if you drive an older Hyundai car. Then, spin the key fob in either way with a coin or flat-bladed screwdriver to gently pry it open from the notch.
After changing the battery, does the key fob need to be reprogrammed?
After changing the battery, you typically do not need to reconfigure the key fob. However, you might need to reprogramme it by re-pairing it with your vehicle if you’ve replaced not only the batteries but also some of the internal cabling and electronics.
How is a key programmed after a battery change?
Turn the key back to the “Off” position while holding down the lock button on the fob. At least three times, go through this process, finishing with the key in the “On” position.
This notifies the electronic control modules in your automobile that the signal is coming from your key in the ignition, and it then saves the information.