Push and hold the odometer button on your dashboard briefly, then quickly turn your key to the second position. Hold the odometer button down for a further 10 seconds. The maintenance light should flash and you could hear a beeping if everything is done correctly. Your Toyota Camry’s maintenance light ought to go out after doing that.
In This Article...
How can the Toyota maintenance light be reset?
In order to start the car, turn the ignition to position one after inserting your key. Turn your key to position two after pressing and holding the trip meter reset button on the dashboard. Hold the odometer button down for a further ten seconds. The light should then begin to flash and potentially beep before turning off.
How can the maintenance needed light on a 2008 Toyota Camry be reset?
Press the odometer button on your dashboard quickly, hold it there while turning the key to the second position. Hold the odometer button down for a further 10 seconds. You can hear a beeping noise in addition to the maintenance light beginning to flash. The light ought should thereafter go out.
What happens after I change the oil in my car?
Reset Oil Change Indicator
- Turn on the ignition.
- Both the stop and accelerator pedals should be fully depressed.
- Maintain firm pressure on the brake and accelerator pedals.
- A notice verifying the reset process is ongoing appears after three seconds.
Why is my Toyota Camry’s maintenance light on?
- Now the light will read “MAINT REQD.”
- Release the ODO button once it starts to show zeros, then flip the key back to the “off” position.
- The ODO display will briefly flash before beginning to display only zeros.
- Verify that the odometer’s (ODO) total mileage displaytypically the ‘A’ displayis on.
- Press and hold the ODO reset / readout button while the engine is off.
- Turn the key in the ignition while maintaining pressure on the ODO button. till the dash lights turn on. Avoid starting the car.
- If the car is on, turn it off.
What ‘MAINT REQD’ Means
Within 5000 miles of the last reset, the “MAINT REQD” indicator illuminates. It is merely a mileage counter meant to serve as a reminder to the user that an oil change is required and in no way indicates any system failure. If a specialist has always performed maintenance on your Toyota, they reset it after each oil change. It should be noted that the recommended oil change interval is not always 5000 miles. To find out how frequently the oil in your Camry needs to be changed, consult the owner’s manual and your usual technician.
Our service team would be delighted to assist you. Our entire staff of experts is Toyota-certified and adept in resolving even the most challenging problems with your Toyota. Make an appointment right away!