- Turn the ignition to the “RUN position” while holding down the ODO/TRIP BUTTON. Until “RESETTING MAINTENANCE DATA Is Complete or “000000 Is Displayed, hold down the ODO/TRIP BUTTON for at least 5 seconds.
In This Article...
How can the Toyota maintenance light be reset?
In order to start the car, turn the ignition to position one after inserting your key. Turn your key to position two after pressing and holding the trip meter reset button on the dashboard. Hold the odometer button down for a further ten seconds. The light should then begin to flash and potentially beep before turning off.
How can I dim the maintenance is necessary light?
How do I turn the “Maint Reqd” light back on?
- Switch the ignition to the ON position.
- Set the trip display to TRIP A mode on the odometer.
- Activate the OFF position on the ignition switch.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position while pressing and holding the Trip Meter RESET button.
- It will do so via the service maintenance reminder light.
On a 2005 Toyota Tundra, how do you turn off the maintenance is necessary light?
- Without starting the engine, turn the ignition to the “On position. If your car has a push-button ignition, press “Start” without depressing the brake pedal.
- By pushing the display change button or “Trip button,” you can change the display to “Trip A.”
- Completely shut off the car.
- Keep holding down the “Trip button.”
- Hold the “Trip button down while turning the ignition to “On without starting the car.
- Release the “Trip button” whenever the trip meter reads “all zeros.”
What happens after I change the oil in my car?
Reset Oil Change Indicator
- Turn on the ignition.
- Both the stop and accelerator pedals should be fully depressed.
- Maintain firm pressure on the brake and accelerator pedals.
- A notice verifying the reset process is ongoing appears after three seconds.
Why, after an oil change, is my maintenance required light still on?
Every 4,500 miles, once the maintenance has been reset, the light turns on for around 3 seconds before flashing for approximately 15 seconds. The majority of the time, this merely indicates that your car may need an oil change. After the maintenance data has been reset, the light will turn on and stay on if more than 5,000 miles have been driven.
How to Reset Maintenance Data on Toyota Corolla
You can easily reset your maintenance data. After the necessary maintenance has been carried out in accordance with the maintenance schedule, proceed as follows:
1. Switch the “engine start/stop switch or trip meter-activated engine shutoff a reading appeared,
2. Turn the trip meter reset switch while pressing the “engine switch ON, engine START STOP switch, etc.
3. Hold the button down while continuing to push it until the trip meter reads 000000.
When you understand what each warning light on your Toyota indicates, maintaining it is easy. Never be afraid to call the service staff at Toyota Palo Alto if you ever wonder whether your car needs any type of maintenance. You can ask our helpful staff for assistance in determining what’s wrong with your car and whether you need to schedule a service appointment.
Why does my Toyota state it needs maintenance?
- Now the light will read “MAINT REQD.”
- Release the ODO button once it starts to show zeros, then flip the key back to the “off” position.
- Verify that the odometer’s (ODO) total mileage displaytypically the ‘A’ displayis on.
- The ODO display will briefly flash before beginning to display only zeros.
- If the car is on, turn it off.
- Turn the key in the ignition while maintaining pressure on the ODO button. till the dash lights turn on. Avoid starting the car.
- Press and hold the ODO reset / readout button while the engine is off.
What ‘MAINT REQD’ Means
Within 5000 miles of the last reset, the “MAINT REQD” indicator illuminates. It is merely a mileage counter meant to serve as a reminder to the user that an oil change is required and in no way indicates any system failure. If a specialist has always performed maintenance on your Toyota, they reset it after each oil change. It should be noted that the recommended oil change interval is not always 5000 miles. To find out how frequently the oil in your Camry needs to be changed, consult the owner’s manual and your usual technician.
Our service team would be delighted to assist you. Our entire staff of experts is Toyota-certified and adept in resolving even the most challenging problems with your Toyota. Make an appointment right away!
Can I manually reset the check engine light?
You might have requested for assistance with a computer problem if you’ve ever worked in an office setting with an IT department.
Probably the first thing your IT wizard asked was, “Have you tried resetting your computer?”
The analogous repair for a car’s check engine light is the on-off technique. It compels the computer to reboot and restore its previously saved state.
Simply switch the ignition on for 1-2 seconds, then off for 1-2 seconds, using your key. Three or four times through, repeat this step.
If the check engine light is still on after the reset, your car might still be having issues. Think about using the OBD2 scanner to check for the error code or taking your car to a qualified repair.