Push and hold the odometer button on your dashboard briefly, then quickly turn your key to the second position. Hold the odometer button down for a further 10 seconds. The maintenance light should flash and you could hear a beeping if everything is done correctly. Your Toyota Camry’s maintenance light ought to go out after doing that.
In This Article...
How can I turn off the Toyota Camry’s maintenance is required light?
Turn the key to position two while pressing and holding the odometer button on the dashboard. When the maintenance light begins to flash, keep holding the odometer button. There may even be beeping sounds. The light ought to dim.
How can you turn a Toyota’s maintenance light back on?
In order to start the car, turn the ignition to position one after inserting your key. Turn your key to position two after pressing and holding the trip meter reset button on the dashboard. Hold the odometer button down for a further ten seconds. The light should then begin to flash and potentially beep before turning off.
How can I make the maintenance is necessary light turn off?
How do I turn the “Maint Reqd” light back on?
- Switch the ignition to the ON position.
- Set the trip display to TRIP A mode on the odometer.
- Activate the OFF position on the ignition switch.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position while pressing and holding the Trip Meter RESET button.
- It will do so via the service maintenance reminder light.
Why, after an oil change, is my maintenance required light still on?
Even after an oil change, the final common cause of a lit oil light is perhaps the most troublesome. Numerous engine problems might result from the oil pump not circulating enough oil to maintain the engine’s parts lubricated and operating as intended.
What does “maintenance necessary” on a Toyota Camry mean?
- Verify that the odometer’s (ODO) total mileage displaytypically the ‘A’ displayis on.
- If the car is on, turn it off.
- Press and hold the ODO reset / readout button while the engine is off.
- Turn the key in the ignition while maintaining pressure on the ODO button. till the dash lights turn on. Avoid starting the car.
- The ODO display will briefly flash before beginning to display only zeros.
- Release the ODO button once it starts to show zeros, then flip the key back to the “off” position.
- Now the light will read “MAINT REQD.”
What ‘MAINT REQD’ Means
Within 5000 miles of the last reset, the “MAINT REQD” indicator illuminates. It is merely a mileage counter meant to serve as a reminder to the user that an oil change is required and in no way indicates any system failure. If a specialist has always performed maintenance on your Toyota, they reset it after each oil change. It should be noted that the recommended oil change interval is not always 5000 miles. To find out how frequently the oil in your Camry needs to be changed, consult the owner’s manual and your usual technician.
Our service team would be delighted to assist you. Our entire staff of experts is Toyota-certified and adept in resolving even the most challenging problems with your Toyota. Make an appointment right away!