- Oil capacity for the 2020 Toyota Camry 2.5L 4-cyl Engine A25A-FKS is 4.8 quarts (4.54 liters).
- The 3.6L 6-cyl Engine ERC in the 2020 Jeep Wrangler can hold 5 gallons of oil (4.73 liters).
- The 3.5L 6-cyl Engine Turbo in the 2020 Ford F-150 holds 6 quarts of oil (5.68 liters).
In This Article...
How much oil is changed in a Camry?
How to change your oil the right manner is:
- Find the drain oil stopper by climbing underneath your Camry. It is located under the engine.
- Slide the drain oil plug with the oil collection pan underneath. After that, loosen the plug just enough to allow the oil to spill into the pan.
- Locate the oil filter once the oil has been drained. Depending on your Toyota Camry’s model and year, the exact placement may change. Usually, it can be found on the side or bottom of the engine.
- Remove the oil filter by using an oil filter wrench or similar device.
- Depending on the type of replacement you bought, carefully swap out the oil filter for a new one or replace the contents.
- Replace the drain oil plug next, being careful not to tighten it too much.
- Once the work on the underbelly is finished, open the hood and remove the engine’s oil cover.
- Add four quarts of oil using the funnel (or the amount suggested in your owner’s handbook).
- Check the drain oil plug frequently while the oil is being added to make sure nothing is leaking.
- After you have added many quarts, turn on your Camry and let it run for a while. Using the dipstick, check the oil level and top it off as necessary.
- Resetting the maintenance light is something you should do after you’ve done applying the oil.
The best oil for a Toyota Camry?
The Toyota Camry 2020 requires 0W-20 synthetic motor oil. Toyota sells an additive at Toyota dealerships that is applied to their OEM oil. However, any ILSAC-certified 0W-20 synthetic oil will function. If 0W-20 synthetic oil is not available, 5W-30 mineral oil will function in its place. At the subsequent oil change, it must be replaced with 0W-20 synthetic oil.
How often should I change the oil in my Camry?
The owner’s manual for your Camry contains a list of the precise service intervals. For the great majority of synthetic oil cases nevertheless, the period is every 10,000-miles/12-months*. The interval for older Camry vehicles that utilize 5W-30 mineral oil is 5,000 miles/6 months. Even in vehicles with a 10,000-mile/12-month oil change interval, other maintenance like tire rotation and fluid adjustments still needs to be done every 5,000 miles/6 months.
*According to Toyota standards, this period is reduced to 5,000 miles/6 months if you frequently make short excursions (i.e., only in cities) in below-freezing conditions or with heavy idling.