Toyota provides warranty protection for both new and used cars through its New Vehicle Limited Warranty, which can assist in covering repair costs in the event that some components malfunction or breakdown too soon. A manufacturer or bumper-to-bumper guarantee that covers defective parts for three years is included with every new Toyota. The vehicle’s in-service date, which is the day it is either delivered to the final buyer, leased, or first utilized as a company car, marks the beginning of your warranty.
Toyota’s factory warranty covers any repairs or replacements required as a result of flaws in the materials or workmanship.
What should be covered when you buy a Toyota is as follows:
- 3-year/36,000-mile bumper-to-bumper coverage: The basic coverage includes modifications and repairs for the majority of potential problems. The Basic Warranty also covers wheel balance and alignment, but only for 12 months or 12,000 miles.
- Toyota’s limited powertrain warranty will cover repairs and modifications on the vehicle’s primary power components, including the engine, transmission, transaxle, front-wheel-drive system, and rear-wheel-drive system, for a period of five years or 60,000 miles.
- Restraint systems are covered for 5 years or 60,000 miles: Seat belt and air bag system defects are covered by the Restraint Systems Warranty.
- 5 year/unlimited mileage coverage against rust-through You are covered by this corrosion perforation warranty against any perforations caused by corrosion or rust on your car.
- Coverage for pollution control: Federal and California legislation ensure that your Toyota complies with emission requirements. Please refer to your Toyota Warranty & Maintenance Guide for specifics as the duration of coverage varies depending on the state in where your car is registered. Terms are available at intervals of 2 years/24,000 miles to 8 years/80,000 miles.
- Coverage for accessories: The Toyota Accessory Warranty provides 36 months or 36,000 miles of coverage for Genuine Toyota accessories that come with your car. Later-purchased accessories come with a 12-month/unlimited-mileage warranty.
In This Article...
Toyota Hybrid Vehicles
The same 3-year/36-month basic coverage and 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain coverage are included with your Toyota hybrid car, along with coverage for some hybrid-specific items. Components associated to hybrid vehicles are insured for 8 years or 100,000 miles. Battery, battery control module, hybrid control module, and inverter with converter are all included in this.
Toyota Certified Used Vehicles (TCUV)
Toyota vehicles with less than 65,000 miles on them and an age less than 6 years are eligible for a used car certification. Vehicles must pass a 160-point inspection and have their CARFAX reports reviewed in order to be considered a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle (TCUV). A special used Toyota warranty is included with TCUVs, and it covers many of the same things as new car warranties from the time of purchase.
- Basic repairs and replacements are covered by a 12-month/12,000-mile Limited Comprehensive Warranty.
- Limited Powertrain Warranty for 7 Years and 100,000 Miles
- Factory Hybrid Vehicle Battery Warranty for 8 Years and 100,000 Miles
- Fuel Cell Vehicle 8-year, 100,000-mile Warranty
- Roadside assistance for a year
How can I tell if the warranty on my Toyota is still in effect?
Calling your dealer and giving them your car’s VIN will allow you to find out if your Toyota is still covered by warranty. Your information will be searchable by the dealer, who will be able to inform you of your protection status. They’ll be able to inform you of what is and isn’t covered as well.
Is Toyota covered by a ten-year warranty?
Our review staff takes great delight in providing consumers with factual and unbiased information. On order to compile our rankings of the best service providers in the market, we collected information from numerous extended vehicle warranty businesses. Companies are rated in each of the following categories and given an overall score out of 5.0:
- Price: Because there are so many variables that affect costs, comparing suppliers can be challenging. We use a secret shopper analysis using various automobiles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations to calculate this score.
- Coverage: To accommodate consumers’ various needs, a broad range of coverage is necessary. We consider the quantity of available extended auto warranty policies, period restrictions, exclusions, and supplementary features.
- Customer service: An extended warranty provider’s degree of customer service and care is a key factor to take into account. Our review staff sorts through consumer feedback and grievances from reliable websites like Trustpilot and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Based on our study of the secret shoppers, we also take the responsiveness of each company’s customer support team into account.
- Reputation: Reputable extended warranty suppliers routinely deliver top-notch services. When determining this number, our team considers the BBB ratings and the company’s track record of dependable service.
- Customers value open and honest communication when it comes to vehicle servicing contracts, thus transparency is important. The availability of money-back guarantees and sample contracts is taken into consideration by our experienced staff.
Q & A
Yes. Your car will be covered by a Toyota extended warranty for up to 10 years or 125,000 miles, whichever comes first. For both new and pre-owned Toyotas, Toyota offers three warranty programs. You can choose between basic coverage and bumper-to-bumper protection for the critical components and systems in your Toyota.
It’s worth it to spend a little monthly price for a Toyota extended warranty if you’re concerned about having to make expensive repairs. You will only have to pay a deductible for repairs at the time of service. Roadside assistance and reimbursement for lost or damaged rental cars are frequently included with extended auto warranties.
Three coverage options are available from Toyota for extended warranty plans, each of which covers a different part of your car. The Powertrain Plan focuses on protecting your car’s most expensive parts, such the engine, while the Platinum plan offers complete, bumper-to-bumper coverage.
What is covered by the Toyota 100,000-mile warranty?
Limited Powertrain Warranty for 7 Years and 100,000 Miles covers all internally lubricated parts as well as main engine and gearbox components. provides travel insurance with payment for housing and meals while traveling more than 150 miles from home.
Does the second owner receive the Toyota warranty?
Yes, as an added resale value, the Comprehensive Warranty, Limited Powertrain Warranty, and Roadside Assistance benefits of the Toyota Certified Used Vehicle Warranty are all instantly and cost-free transferrable to the new owner.
New Toyota vehicles
Customers who purchase new Toyota vehicles will be covered by a three-year/60,000-mile manufacturer’s guarantee, or a five-year/100,000-mile warranty for Toyotas acquired before 1 June 2021.
Owners who opt to have their Toyota serviced at an authorized Toyota facility will benefit from an additional 12 months (or 10,000 miles) of warranty up until the vehicle is ten years old or 100,000 miles old, whichever comes first (whichever comes first).
A 24-month/20,000-mile warranty for vehicles with a two-year service schedule will be initiated automatically. The warranty will then be extended at each subsequent service at a Toyota-authorized facility until it expires after ten years or 100,000 miles.
Approved used Toyota vehicles
Customers who acquire authorized used cars via the Toyota network will receive a 12-month warranty with unlimited mileage in addition to a year of AA roadside assistance, which offers breakdown and recovery services at the customer’s home or by the side of the road.
Used Toyota vehicles
Customers who purchased their used car outside of the Toyota network can still profit from this. Prior to 1 June 2021, vehicles had a five-year manufacturer’s warranty. Manufacturer warranties are valid for three years for vehicles registered after 1 June 2021. If the automobile is serviced at a Toyota center after the manufacturer’s warranties have run out, it is automatically eligible for the Toyota warranty, which lasts until the car is ten years old or has traveled 100,000 miles.
‘Lapsed’ and new customers
The warranty is also available to past and current customers who previously elected to have their vehicle serviced outside of the Toyota network. The warranty will be effective as of the date the vehicle is maintained at a Toyota center that has been approved; there is no prerequisite that the vehicle has a history of maintenance at an authorized facility.
Toyota customers with service plans
Customers who have a service plan for their car are not subject to additional fees or modifications to the plan’s terms. When customers next get their car serviced, the warranty will be a bonus advantage that adds value.
Toyota warranty and hybrid vehicles
The Hybrid Health Check is a component of the planned maintenance for customers with hybrid vehicles. The The Hybrid Health Check is a component of the planned maintenance for customers with hybrid vehicles. The hybrid battery and its components are covered by the warranty for up to 10 years/100,000 miles. After that, consumers can still extend the coverage with a stand-alone scheduled Hybrid Health Check for up to 15 years.
What is the bumper-to-bumper warranty from Toyota?
You are covered against manufacturing-related flaws in materials or workmanship when you buy a new car from Toyota. This fundamental bumper-to-bumper guarantee is valid for three years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first, and begins on the day the new car is sold.
Does Toyota provide a supplemental warranty?
Toyota, like the majority of automakers, doesn’t disclose the price of their extended warranties on its website. However, according to our study, the typical price range for Toyota extended warranties is $1,0001,500.
Anytime up until the factory warranty expires, which is either 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first, you can buy a Toyota extended warranty. After the Toyota original warranty ends, you can also buy a third-party warranty plan.
The Vehicle Service Agreement, or VSA, is the name of the extra warranty offered by Toyota. Toyota offers the Platinum Protection, Gold Protection, and Powertrain Protection plans as its three VSAs for both new and used cars.
Your car is protected in the event of a mechanical malfunction or component failure by a Toyota extended warranty. Depending on the level of plan you select, different sections are covered. Up to 10 years and 125,000 miles of coverage are provided by a Toyota extended warranty.
The cost of the Toyota warranty
Automoblog and its partners may get compensation if you decide to buy the items mentioned in this post.
- The length of a Toyota extended warranty can be increased to ten years.
- Customers claim to have paid between $1,500 and $2,500 for a Toyota extended warranty.
- The Toyota factory warranty offers 5 years/60,000 miles of powertrain warranty coverage in addition to 3 years/36,000 miles of bumper-to-bumper coverage.
When does a Toyota warranty expire?
The warranty coverage on your vehicle may be negatively impacted by the installation of race or off-highway use parts. The installation of Race or Off-Highway Use Parts on a vehicle, as well as any malfunctions they might cause, are not covered by the car warranty.
How can I verify my car’s warranty?
How to Verify a Car’s Warranty Status
- First, locate your VIN number.
- Check your odometer in step two.
- Call the nearby dealership as the third step.
- Try Carfax if everything else fails.
- Always adhere to your scheduled maintenance.
- Resources Related.