The major automakers with present presences in the United States are listed below, along with the brands they sell.
BMW, Mini, and Rolls-Royce are all owned by BMW Group. Smart and Mercedes-Benz are owned by Daimler AG. Lincoln and Ford are owned by Ford Motor Co. Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, and Cadillac all belong to General Motors. Hummer is back as a GMC subsidiary brand. In order to co-develop EVs, GM and Honda have an official collaboration. Acura and Honda are owned by Honda Motor Co. It collaborates with GM. Sony Honda Mobility is the name of the electric vehicle firm they founded with Sony. Genesis, Hyundai, and Kia are all owned by Hyundai Motor Group. Mazda is owned by Mazda Motor Corp. Mitsubishi, Nissan, and Infiniti are all owned by the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance. Following the merger of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Peugeot S.A., a new company called Stellantis was created. According to the explanation, the word is derived from the Latin verb “stello,” which means “to dazzle with stars.” Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Maserati, and Ram are now under Stellantis and are FCA brands that are offered in the United States. Other Stellantis automobile brands include Citroen, DS Automobiles, Opel, Peugeot, and Vauxhall. Subaru is owned by Subaru Corp. Jaguar and Land Rover are owned by Tata Motors. Owned by Tesla. Lexus and Toyota are owned by Toyota Motor Corp. Additionally, it owns stock in Suzuki and Subaru. The automotive brand VinFast, along with VinHomes, VinBigData, VinBioCare, and VinBrain, are all owned by VinGroup. Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Volkswagen are all brands owned by Volkswagen AG. Volvo, Polestar, and Lotus are all brands owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (ZGH).
In This Article...
Which brands does BMW own?
The BMW Group is the top premium vehicle and motorcycle manufacturer in the world and also offers top-notch financial and mobility services through its four brands, BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce, and BMW Motorrad. The BMW Group has a global sales network in more than 140 countries, and its production network consists of 31 production and assembly facilities in 15 countries.
The BMW Group sold more than 169,000 motorcycles and over 2.3 million passenger cars in 2020. 2019’s fiscal year had revenues of $104.210 billion and a profit before tax of $7.118 billion. A total of 126,016 people worked for the BMW Group as of December 31, 2019.
Long-term planning and ethical behavior have always been the cornerstones of the BMW Group’s success. As a result, the company has made resource conservation a core component of its strategy, as well as thorough product accountability and ecological and social sustainability across the whole value chain.
Does BMW own any other automotive firms?
BMW currently owns both Mini and Rolls-Royce. These three distinct marques continue to be advertised separately, yet they do share technology and occasionally even engines.
This should have clarified some misconceptions regarding which other automakers BMW owns. They still have two quite profitable and distinct marques, even though they don’t quite have the empire that its German rival Volkswagen does. Check out our most recent reviews of the BMW, Mini, and Rolls-Royce here.
Does Kia own Toyota?
The Hyundai Motor Group, which includes the passenger car brands Hyundai and Genesis, also owns Kia. Together, they currently rank behind Volkswagen, Toyota, and General Motors as the fourth-largest automaker in the world.
- As a manufacturer of steel tubing and bicycle parts, Kyungsung Precision Industry was established in 1944 and is now the oldest automobile manufacturer in South Korea. It also produced the Samchully, Korea’s first locally constructed bicycle, in 1951. In 1957, it started producing Honda motorbikes under license, and in 1962, Mazda vehicles were also produced under permission. The alliance with Mazda included automobiles in 1974. Kia also produced Fiat and Peugeot vehicles under license in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Only after it began producing automobiles in collaboration with Ford in 1990 did its own brand begin to gain traction (and therefore Mazda, which Ford used to control).
- When Kia Motors America was established in 1992, the brand entered the fiercely competitive US market. Some of the early models that contributed to the brand’s establishment included the Sephia and Sportage.
- When Kia filed for bankruptcy in 1997 under the shadow of Asia’s financial crisis, Ford made an attempt to raise its modest ownership position in the automaker. Ford, however, lost out to a major Korean automaker! In 1998, Hyundai acquired a 51 percent share in Kia and gained control of the firm. While Kia is a division of their shared parent company, Hyundai Motor Group, Hyundai Motor Co. now holds a 33.88 percent ownership.
- When Kia strengthened its focus on Europe and engaged former Audi designer Peter Schreyer as the company’s design manager, a significant turnaround occurred. This gave rise to Kia’s “Tiger-Nose” design philosophy, which had a similar impact on that brand’s global sales as Hyundai’s Fluidic-Sculpture had on its. Additionally, Schreyer was promoted to President of the Hyundai Group and Chief Designer as a result.
- Over 3 million automobiles were sold by Kia worldwide in 2018, and the company is one of the fastest-growing brands in numerous international markets. Although it is a sister brand of Hyundai, the two firms’ front-end operations remain distinct, and they engage in direct competition with one another over similar items in the same market.
- Hyundai products and the complete Kia product line share platforms and components. On any car, however, there is no cross-badging or evident part sharing. The Soul, Optima, and Sorento are three of its most well-liked products. We’ll probably get the Rio, Picanto, Sportage, as well as some new compact cars made just for India.
who makes a Kia?
In 1998, Hyundai Motor Group made the decision to buy the automaker in order to keep it viable. Although Kia and the Hyundai Motor Group are separate companies, Kia Motors is a subsidiary of Hyundai. The distinction between Kia and Hyundai is that each brand has its own brand philosophies to build its vehicles in a distinctive manner.
Does Mercedes own Hyundai?
General Motors produces Cadillac, GMC, Chevrolet, and Holden. Alliance between Renault, Nissan, Infiniti, Dacia, Datsun, and Samsung Mitsubishi, Lada, and Renault. Hyundai Motor Group includes KIA and Hyundai. Daimler AG: Mercedes-Benz, Smart, and AMG.
Who is Mini Cooper’s owner?
Although many individuals are huge admirers of MINI Cooper, many are unsure of who owns or produces the vehicle. Many Cranston, Rhode Island drivers are frequently surprised that a German carmaker owns BMW MINI Cooper because they are a British corporation. So, does BMW produce the MINI Cooper? It is, indeed!
Who is Mercedes-owner? Benz’s
Mercedes-Benz is owned by Daimler AG, which was originally founded as Daimler-Benz. After acquiring new ownership, this corporation changed their name in 1998 and now owns Mercedes-Benz. AMG Mercedes-Benz
Owner of Toyota?
Toyota is owned by Toyota Motor Corporation. It was founded in 1937, and as of 2008, it had surpassed General Motors to become the largest automaker in the world.
Despite having its roots in Japan, Toyota has expanded to suit the demand for its cars on a global scale.
What other makes does Toyota Motor Corporation own?
Lexus is owned by Toyota Motor Corporation as well. The company also owns stock in Suzuki and Subaru.
Toyota’s stake in Subaru is 20 percent; despite this, it has a significant influence over the company’s direction.
According to Auto News, the companies intend to enhance all-wheel drive technology and integrate Toyota’s hybrid drivetrains into various Subaru automobiles.
Toyota acquired its interest in Suzuki in 2019 for about $910 million. Additionally, Suzuki owns.2 percent of Toyota’s stock. The corporations assert that they intend to continue to be competitors while establishing and strengthening cooperation partnerships in new industries in order to address obstacles in the automotive industry. Sounds like a win-win collaboration!