The battery in your Hyundai key fob is simple to change. A replacement CR 2032 3V battery is all that is required. They typically cost between $3 and $5 for a pack of 5. Wearing latex gloves is advised because you will be contacting a motherboard during this process, which could result in unintended harm.
- Remove the emergency key from the fob’s base.
- Between the release button and the key slot, insert the key.
- Turn the key until the fob pops open as if you were unlocking a door.
- Open the fob while facing the buttons downward (otherwise they will fall out).
- Remove the barrier and motherboard, then set aside the button-side of the fob.
- Remove the dead battery from its mount using the key.
- Place the + side of the new battery in its bracket.
- Replace the fob’s button-half, motherboard, and barrier.
- Set the release button peg in the appropriate hole.
- Reassemble the fob with a snap.
You’re done now! Press any button to put your Hyundai Smart Key to the test. If all was done correctly, a tiny red light should flash over the unlock button.
A Hyundai Sonata key uses what type of battery?
A CR2032 battery powers the majority of Hyundai key fobs. Once you have a new Hyundai key fob replacement battery in your possession, insert it into your key fob exactly where the old one was. Check to see if the battery is in contact with each connection.
A Hyundai automobile battery costs how much?
How much would a new Hyundai battery cost? Price ranges for replacement automobile batteries range from roughly $45 to $250 depending on power, size, and quality.
How much does a new Hyundai key fob cost?
Make a duplicate of your Hyundai key. Mobile or in-store service in Pinal County, Arizona.
The cost to cut and program a replacement key on-site ranges from $133 to $395*. To view your personalized quote, enter your car’s make and model.
Hyundai VIN key codes have been available since 1999. For older models, changing a car key entails removing one or more locks.
How can a Hyundai Sonata’s key fob be reset?
- As soon as you get inside your Hyundai, check that all the doors are closed.
- Put your Hyundai’s ignition in the “ACC” (accessory) position using your key.
- Keep pressing the “open” or “unlock” button on the key fob until the light on your car starts to flash.
How is a Hyundai Sonata key opened?
To remove the metal key, push the metal button next to it. Open the Hyundai key fob by inserting this key into the little opening in the rear.
How is the battery changed in a 2018 Sonata?
- Battery in Step 1.
- Activate the hood, then fasten the arm.
- Use the ratchet to remove the negative (-) cable from the car battery.
- The positive cable should then be removed (+) by using the ratchet to loosen it.
- The bolt holding the battery in place needs to be loosened.
- Remove the automobile battery with care.
- Put the fresh car battery in.
Why won’t my Hyundai key fob operate?
Smart Key for Hyundai not detected There could be a number of causes for your Hyundai key fob not to be recognized by your vehicle. The issue could be anything as simple as a dead battery in your smart key. You’ll be able to tell if that was the problem after changing the battery.
Hyundai vehicles can be operated without a key fob.
Once the engine is going, the automobile will still work without the key fob. Additionally, switching from park to drive is trouble-free even when the key is not available.
How long does the battery in a key fob last?
How Long Are Key Fobs Good For? The battery in your car’s fob or remote will eventually need to be replaced, just like any other battery. A car fob battery should typically last three to four years.
What occurs when the battery in your key fob runs low?
The transmitter’s range decreases as the fob battery gets weaker. This implies that for the key fob to operate, you must be close to the vehicle. When a smart key fob is in your pocket or handbag for automobiles with push-button starts, the car might not always detect it if the battery is low.
Why won’t my key fob function when I change the battery?
A dead battery is the most frequent cause of a key fob not functioning. Having said that, your keyfob might be having more serious issues. You might require a key fob replacement or perhaps auto door lock repair if your key fob stops operating after a battery change.
If I change the battery, do I need to reprogram my key fob?
After changing the battery, you typically do not need to reconfigure the key fob. However, you might need to reprogramme it by re-pairing it with your vehicle if you’ve replaced not only the batteries but also some of the internal cabling and electronics.
Is remote start available for the 2013 Hyundai Sonata?
The SE trim level of the Hyundai Sonata is the only one without remote start as a standard feature. However, if customers so choose, they may still add an aftermarket remote start.
Key fobs can AutoZone be programmed?
AutoZone does offer key duplication services for cars made by Toyota, Ford, Honda, Dodge, GMC, Mercedes, Kia, and other manufacturers. These services include key duplication, transponder keys, key fobs, and vehicle key blanks.