3 push pins that are fastened into the 45-degree angle brackets are located under the rear bottom lip; remove them.
Remove the plastic covers that snap onto the sub-body push pins that are located behind both tire wells.
Trim should be removed from the rear-facing interior of the trunk. The sub-frame bolts that secure the rigid bumper to the car body (the hard bumper underneath the painted cover) are located here.
Then everything will fall into place. When the plastic bumper joins the quarter panels on either side at the seam above the rear tire wells, you must carefully peel out the internal trim from the retainer blocks.
In This Article...
My bumper will Hyundai be replaced?
A 5-year/60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty is part of the new vehicle limited warranty that is included as standard equipment with all Hyundai vehicles. The majority of car components that are harmed because of flaws in the materials or workmanship are covered by this Hyundai bumper-to-bumper warranty.
Hyundai refers to its insurance Along with Kia, Genesis (Hyundai’s premium subsidiary), and Mitsubishi, Hyundai Assurance has the longest warranty period in the industry and is marketed as “America’s Best Warranty.” It also offers the longest powertrain warranty in the business, at 10 years and 100,000 miles.
Hyundai’s bumper-to-bumper warranty is exclusionary, which means that it lists the items that are not covered by the agreement rather than the parts that are. The highest level of protection often provided by a manufacturer or third-party supplier is exclusionary coverage.
The Hyundai new car warranty is extremely extensive and provides restricted coverage on a variety of parts that are frequently excluded from factory coverage, including:
- Audio and radio equipment
- Outside paint
- Charges for air conditioning refrigerant
- vehicle modifications
- selecting clothing
In addition to the bumper-to-bumper and powertrain limited warranties, every new Hyundai now includes the California and federal emissions warranties as well as a 7-year/unlimited-mileage anti-perforation warranty that protects body panels and body sheet metal.
How long does a bumper need to be changed?
As was already said, every shop must follow a set of procedures to estimate how long it will take to fix your car.
The insurance company paying the bill will first need to inform the shop of the parts it requires. Additionally, it could occasionally happen that the dealership is out of stock of the specific sort of bumper needed for a particular automobile model. Usually, bumper repairs are completed in no more than three days; however, if the repairs are minor, they may be completed in just one day.
A rear bumper assembly: what is it?
A rear bumper is typically put at the back of a car to cushion a rear-end collision. Some rear bumpers have been created to completely encircle the vehicle’s back end, including the rear side.
How long is the bumper-to-bumper warranty from Hyundai?
The Hyundai New Vehicle Limited Guarantee is also referred to as the “bumper-to-bumper” or “basic” warranty and is valid for 5 years or 60,000 miles. Tires, windshield wipers, and brake pads are all covered by this Hyundai coverage.
How much does a Nissan rear bumper replacement cost?
The degree of the damage and the type of automobile you drive will determine the precise cost of your rear bumper repair. In general, the majority of people should budget between $225 and $750. But if the back bumper needs to be replaced, you may have to fork up up to $2,000 for it.
Can you pop out a bumper made of plastic?
- Employ a plunger. This device has a lot of potential uses, including removing minor dents and unclogging toilets. Simply moisten the plunger and the dent, then press firmly and repeatedly until the dent emerges. This shouldn’t require more than a few tries if the dent is not too deep.
- Utilize hot water. If the dent is on the plastic bumper (or another plastic-covered portion of your automobile), pouring hot water on the affected area should instantly remove the dent. Reach behind the bumper and push until the ding pops out by using boiling water to cover the dented area. After that, you can apply cold water to the area to cool it and set the plastic.
- Hair dryer use Another common household object has a usage other than what is first apparent. If your plastic bumper has a dent, try this further advice. Simply use a hair dryer to dry the afflicted region for three minutes nonstop, covering the entire surface with sweeping motions. To prevent hand burns when pressing the dent out from the inside, we advise using gloves. It’s also crucial to pay attention to your car’s paint blistering.
- Use both dry ice and a hair dryer (and tinfoil). If the damaged region is on a metal surface, we have a somewhat more difficult tip that, if you are successful, will make you feel like a magician. We advise getting a piece of tinfoil first that is bigger than the dented area. As soon as you’re done heating it, you’ll apply this to the dent. The damaged region should be heated similarly to the preceding advice, holding the heat source around 6 inches from the dent for three minutes. When done, cover the area with tinfoil and begin to sprinkle some dry ice on the foil-covered area. For this step, make sure you are wearing gloves. The dent should miraculously disappear on its own after a short while! To achieve the desired outcomes, you might need to repeat this procedure more than once.
- elicit a suction. You may create a fantastic suction device out of a pot, bucket, and vacuum cleaner if the dent is in a hard-to-reach place or not on the plastic bumper. Surprise! Even more commonplace products have tons of entertaining alternate applications. Make sure that the bucket or pot has a hole in the bottom, and then use tape to secure it to the dented part of your car. Place the vacuum cleaner over the dent, and it should quickly remove the dent from your automobile!
What does it cost to patch a dent in a rear bumper?
Unfortunately, this is not a straightforward yes-or-no inquiry. Before deciding whether to repair the bumper yourself, you need consider a variety of distinct aspects:
- How big of a dent is it? Smaller dents could be easy for you to fix on your own, but larger ones should be left to the pros.
- How much experience do you have in auto body work? If you’re a novice, the dent can get worse after your repair.
- What is the value of your car? Are you prepared to take a DIY approach at the expense of its value and beauty?
- Does your auto insurance provide coverage for the dented bumper repair? If so, we advise taking it to a collision repair facility so that the fix is done properly. You will receive expert repair work at no charge.
You’ll need to gather the necessary supplies if you decide you can and want to fix the dented bumper yourself. A blow dryer or hot-air cannon, gloves, a wooden mallet, and a moist cloth can be used to repair minor dents. A plunging tool of some kind will be necessary for larger dents. Be cautious and take your time. Put on some gloves, warm up the area, then carefully use the mallet or your hands to push the dent back into place while pushing the moist cloth on the dent’s exterior. After that, hold the bumper in place for a few minutes while allowing it to cool and set for 3-6 hours.
Nothing if your auto insurance covers it! However, suppose that in this instance your insurance is not applicable. What will the cost of the repair be then?
Depending on how severe the injury is. The repair will likely cost between $50 and $100 if all that is required is to have the damage pulled back out and into position. However, depending on the extent of the dent and the repair business you choose, you can be looking at a $200–$1,000 repair if the paint was also damaged in addition to the dent. In the $700–1,500 range, the cost will increase if the entire bumper needs to be replaced.
How much does it cost to install a new bumper?
Filling the gaps with plastic filler can occasionally be used to repair minor fractures or breaks in your bumper. The area will then be sanded by your technician until it is smooth. They will paint the area after the damaged area has been smoothed out. The price is normally between $300 and $500, but it could be more expensive depending on how much paint your automobile needs.
An typical bumper repair will cost between $200 and $700. Again, the make and model of your car may have a significant impact on the price indicated here.
What distinguishes a bumper from a bumper cover?
The least appealing component of any car, a bumper is designed more for use than for aesthetics. The bumper cover has a role in this. The bumper and bumper mounts are covered by this part. The rear bumper cover may have a mounting place for the license plate, while the front bumper cover supports the car’s grille.
Plastic bumpers can they be fixed?
In collisions, bumpers are frequently the first portion of the car to take the impact. It is essential to provide proper, secure bumper repair for this reason. Service King offers the greatest tools and, more importantly, the qualified crew to get the job done right.
Because they frequently take the brunt of the damage in collisions, bumpers are made to safeguard the structure of the car. Service For these vital components to be restored to their pre-accident state, King’s I-CAR Gold Class certified specialists have received plastic bumper repair training.
Each bumper is carefully repaired by Service King’s crew, who also carefully reconditions your bumper to remove any evidence of dents, scratches, scrapes, or indentations. Numerous plastic bumper components, particularly bumper covers, which are frequently harmed on a car, might be mended. The technician will be able to integrate the added paint more effectively and precisely by conserving your bumper.
Our professionals are skilled in making precise repairs to bumpers made of stiff or semi-rigid plastic. Additionally, depending on your vehicle, a plastic bumper repair can be successfully completed whether it is a thermoplastic or thermoset bumper.
Hyundai offers a lifetime warranty, right?
A standard manufacturer’s warranty of 10 years or 10,000 miles is included with every Hyundai car. After the manufacturer’s warranty has run its course, new Five Star Hyundai vehicles are covered by the company’s Lifetime Powertrain Warranty for as long as you own the vehicle.
The warranty is free of charge! With the purchase of every new vehicle, we are happy to provide this added benefit.
You must adhere to the recommended maintenance schedule in your owner’s manual to maintain your automobile under warranty, and you are protected anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Is Hyundai’s 10-year warranty still in effect?
10-Year/100,000-Mile We are dedicated to giving you the assurance and comfort that come from knowing your Hyundai was constructed with the utmost attention and quality. Because of this, we provide a 10-year/100,000-mile warranty on the batteries and system components in our hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and all-electric vehicles.