It could initially seem self-explanatory. Your key fob has a remote start button, but using it doesn’t just involve pressing a button. You must lock the doors with the key fob before pressing the remote start button (even if the doors are locked already).
Hold the remote start button after locking the door for 4 seconds. Holding the button down for at least two seconds is necessary for it to function. Your Hyundai’s parking lights will blink in response to each command.
The heating and cooling systems in your Hyundai will operate until the pre-set temperatures once it is started. If no additional action is taken after 10 minutes, the car will again switch off. The car will turn off once again if you press the remote start button once more.
In This Article...
My 2022 Tucson’s remote starter operates, at best, patchily. Nothing happens if I only press the bottom button on the key fob. It won’t start until I push the unlock and lock buttons, and I have to do this while standing outside rather than inside my house.
I’ll do the research for you to save you time. Press and hold the remote start button for three seconds while locking it. The signal yellow lights will flash three times to signal a successful start if you work 100% of the time for me. Bluelink constantly requests that the device be locked in order to run the app.
How does a Hyundai use remote start?
By simultaneously pushing the Lock and Remote Start buttons within three seconds, the Remote Start feature can be used. Your Hyundai will be inspected by the system to determine whether it is safe to start it. If it is, the engine will start after 5 seconds and run for up to 15 minutes. To turn off the engine, press and hold the Start button once more for two seconds.
The remote control keyless entry transmitter operates the security system’s remote start, car finder, and panic buttons as well as arming and disarming.
Does the Hyundai Tucson’s key fob feature remote starting in 2022?
The Hyundai Tucson from 2022 has wireless charging capabilities. Additionally, the 15-watt charging pad uses a fan to simultaneously cool off and charge your Qi-compatible smartphone while simultaneously charging it in record speed. Your phone won’t heat up too much as a result.
Furthermore, a Hyundai Digital Key is included with the 2022 Tucson. As a result, you can use your smartphone to unlock doors and start your vehicle. You may start your 2022 Hyundai Tucson remotely with the Blue Link(r) Connected Car Service, lock and unlock the doors, activate the climate control, and more.
All trims of the Tucson come equipped with front dual USB outlets. On the other hand, the SEL and Limited trims come standard with the second row Dual USB outlets.
The Hyundai Tucson has remote starting, right?
Like many other cars on the market, the 2021 Hyundai Tucson doesn’t provide the standard push-button remote start via key fob. Instead, the Blue Link(r) Connected Car System—which is free for the first three years—offers remote starting.
Can a 2020 Hyundai Tucson be started remotely?
The 2020 Hyundai Tucson offers both leather and fabric seating options, depending on your preferences as a driver. While the Limited and Ultimate trims offer leather seats, the SE through Sport trims come with cloth seats. The 2020 Hyundai Tucson will have you covered if you experience frequent winter cold since this feature is standard on Value and higher trim levels. The car also features a panoramic sunroof for gorgeous starry nights and lovely summer days.
The 2020 Hyundai Tucson offers a few different alternatives for getting into and out of your car. The first is a panic alarm-equipped remote keyless entry. On each trim level, this is a given. The next key has a push-button start and is proximity-activated. This is a must for trim levels greater than Value.
Can the Hyundai Tucson Hybrid be started remotely?
You can remotely start your Tucson, lock and unlock the doors, activate the climate control and heated and ventilated seats, and more with our optional linked car service.
How is a Hyundai Tucson started?
- Verify that the parking brake is engaged.
- Check that P is selected using the shift lever (Park).
- To stop, apply the brakes.
- In the START position, turn the ignition key. When the engine starts, turn the key for no more than 10 seconds before releasing it.
Can you use the key to start a Hyundai?
Using your Android smartphone and the Hyundai Digital Key system, you may unlock and start your car. This article will walk you through the setup and usage of the Digital Key system if your Hyundai has it.
The following are the requirements for setting up a Hyundai Digital Key:
- a smartphone running Android. The Digital Key system is currently only compatible with Android phones. The phone needs to fulfill the following criteria:
- Android 7.0 or later operating system
- 4.0 or later for Bluetooth
- Near-Field Interaction (NFC)
NOTE: The utilization of Digital Key capabilities will be restricted if the device only supports NFC or BLE.
You have signed up for the Hyundai Digital Key service and have a MyHyundai account. The link between your phone and the Vehicle Identification Number of your automobile is formed through MyHyundai (VIN). Make sure your new Hyundai is listed in the car list if you are presently a MyHyundai member and it is equipped with a Digital Key.
Install the Hyundai Digital Key app on your phone after downloading it from Google Play.
with the aforementioned factors covered. The first step is to launch the Digital Key app and follow the on-screen instructions to enter the necessary data. The 4-digit PIN for your MyHyundai account will also be used by the Digital Key app.
How can you start a Hyundai without a key?
Hyundai Digital Key, which enables the Sonata to be unlocked, locked, started, and driven with a smartphone, is a new feature that will debut on the 2020 Sonata. The technology also enables the main user to grant three additional users access to the Digital Key. A “shared key” can truly be sent to a recipient from a great distance away.
Holding your smartphone up to the driver or passenger door handle unlocks the car using Hyundai Digital Key. Simply put the phone in the wireless charger once inside, hit the starter, and drive away. Hyundai Digital Key uses Near Field Communication (NFC) technology for security, which, unlike Bluetooth, necessitates that the smartphone and scanner be a few centimeters apart in order to operate the vehicle. When you are nearby your automobile, nobody else can simply open the doors and start the engine because of the close proximity.
There is no Hyundai Digital Key for iPhones, however it is compatible with the majority of Android phones. The Hyundai Digital Key system may be configured using the free Digital Key App, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. Although you can lock and start your car without the app open, it also has Bluetooth-enabled features that let you do other things like engage other features when the app is open.
Hyundai Digital Key eliminates the need for the Sonata’s two smart keys, which still come with the vehicle and allow for passive entry and keyless start. Additionally, you’ll get an NFC Key Card that you can keep in your wallet and use as a backup phone for iPhone users, for valet services, while you leave the Sonata for maintenance, or if your Android phone runs out of battery.
Hyundai Digital Key, the most recent development in car and smartphone connection, makes its debut on the 2020 Sonata and will likely be a feature on upcoming models that Hyundai introduces or redesigns.
How can I tell whether the remote start on my Hyundai is working?
If your car has a remote starter, the owner’s manual will have information about your unique remote starter and how it functions. To see if this feature is present, look in the manual’s index.
Listed below are few well-known automobiles with a factory remote start option:
- Accord, Civic, and Insight from Honda
- GM automobiles (2003 – later)
- Honda Accord
- ZDX and TLX Acura (2010 – later)
- Tribeca, Legacy, and Outback Subaru models (2007 – later)
- Navara Altima
- Fusion and the Ford Mustang
- Corvette Camaro
The 2017 Tucson has remote starting, right?
Only Key Start or Remote Start for the 2017 Tucson. You may pre-heat or pre-cool your car with the Hyundai Remote Start for comfort and convenience.
The 2018 Tucson has remote start, right?
From the convenience of your home or workplace, you may now start, warm, front-defrost, or cool your car.
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW – This is a full remote starter kit for the gas-powered 2017-2018 Hyundai Tucson. a T-Harness, a data interface bypass module, and a remote starter. It is ready to be configured to YOUR vehicle and has firmware preloaded. There are all the parts included that are needed for installation. Notably, certain automobiles’ remote entry systems are inoperative when the engine is running. For further information, see the product description. ONLY an automatic transmission. The product might not function in autos made for sales outside of the United States and Canada.
- REMOTE START FEATURES – This is a remote start system that can be added to automobiles that already have keyless entry. Does not come with remotes; nevertheless, you can start your car by pressing the “lock” button three times with your factory remotes. No need to have extra key fobs on you! Options for 2, 3, or 4 hourly auto-start modes are programmable. Run times of 5, 10, 20, or 30 minutes can be programmed.
- SEMI PLUG & PLAY INSTALLATION TYPE – This kit makes use of a plug-in T-Harness to significantly cut down on the amount of wiring connections needed by conventional systems. There will still be some wiring connections needed for this product’s installation. With wire colors and positions, we give clear instructions. It should be possible for someone with a basic understanding of wiring automotive electronics to install this product effectively.
How does a remote start work?
- To lock every door, press the Lock button on your key fob.
- Two times on the Remote Start button. Each step must be completed in 3 seconds. When the external lights flash twice, the car will start.
How much does a remote start cost from Hyundai?
Bluelink offers the Connected Care, Remote, and Guidance packages. Following the trial time, each plan is offered for $99 per year or $9.90 per month.