Finding your automobile gone from its parking space is the fastest way to spoil your day. And if you own a Honda, you should understand that this is not a frivolous concern. The Honda Accord is ranked as the #1 automobile among thieves in the 2016 Hot Wheels survey from the National Insurance Crime Bureau. 52,244 Accords were stolen in 2015, with the most common years being 1994, 1996, and 1997. The Honda Civic comes in second with 49,430 thefts, with the top three model years being 1997, 1998, and 2000.
It is clear that thieves are aware of which vehicles are the easiest to sell, which is undoubtedly a dig at Honda. To stop your Honda from being stolen, you can do a number of things, like:
- Never leave your keys in a parked car. Avoid leaving the car with the sunroof or windows open. Never let your car idle when you are not looking after it. Keep the title to your car hidden from thieves. Avoid leaving your automobile in a dark or high-crime location.
- Don’t encourage burglars by leaving valuables like laptops, cameras, or telephones in your car.
- Although not infallible, steering wheel locks deter thieves, who will probably move on to another vehicle without one.
- Glass: Have the vehicle’s windows individually be inscribed with your VIN. It deters burglars since they don’t want to spend the money to replace all the windows.
- Transceiver: Install a radio frequency transceiver in your car so that authorities can track down a stolen vehicle.
- Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System: The Honda Accord and Civic models come standard with an immobilizer theft-deterrent system. An ignition key with a transponder incorporated in is used by the system. A transponder code on the automobile key must correspond to a code in the car’s computer. The engine won’t start if they don’t line up.
- Lock your vehicle: Always keep your automobile locked, even when you’re inside it.
When you visit our Honda dealership for a test drive of the Accord, Civic, or another outstanding model, we’ll be pleased to show you how the Honda Immobilizer System works. Your pleasure is given top attention by all of our personnel, as you will discover.
In This Article...
Are Honda CRVs stolen frequently?
2020 will see 12,309 thefts overall.
The Honda CR-V is one of our favorite small SUVs and is renowned for its dependability and utility. Due to the great demand for components for older generation cars (many of which are still on American roads), this car is a popular target for thieves. Particularly CR-Vs from the model year 2000 are stolen most frequently. These first-generation CR-V cars have an exterior-mounted spare tire and a boxier, more conventional SUV appearance.
Which Honda is most frequently stolen?
- 34,144 thefts total.
- Most stolen model: 2000
- Base cost of the model: $10,750
The 2000 Honda Civic is a well-liked choice with drivers and thieves because it is a small sedan with a lot of power. 2020 saw a 2.8% increase in thefts of the same model, the 2000 Honda Civic, to 34,144 units. It’s also possible that this is the case because the Honda Civic shares parts with other Honda vehicles, which makes it simple for thieves to steal pieces to resell.
What SUVs are most frequently stolen?
June 16, 2014, DES PLAINES, Illinois
The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) has now published a new research that looks at SUV and crossover utility vehicle thefts reported between January 1, 2010, and December 31, 2013. Only vehicle thefts from the 2011, 2012, and 2013 model years were used to further refine the data. In total, 21,711 SUVs and CUVs were reported stolen over the time frame using those criteria.
Ford Escape (1,421), Ford Edge (1,140), Ford Explorer (958), Jeep Grand Cherokee (912) and the Kia Sorento were the top five brands and models taken during that time (725). Compact CUVs had the most thefts of any class, with 6,981. Next, with 3,206, came huge CUVs, then mid-sized CUVs, then large SUVs, then luxury CUVs (2,394).
California (3,531), Florida (1,897), Michigan (1,834), Texas (1,686), and New York were the top five states for SUV/CUV thefts (1,577).
Theft of newer Hondas is it more difficult?
The Honda Accord is the second most commonly stolen car, ranking among the top 10. Over 43,500 times this well-known family car was stolen in 2017. 6,301 of the Honda Accords reported as stolen in 1997. Why pick on the more aged models? According to one source, 1997 was the final year Hondas were manufactured without an immobilizer, and auto thieves are fully aware of this.
Prior to anti-theft technology, Honda built a large number of Civic and Accord vehicles in the early years. But they started using RFID and engine immobilizer technology to fight the widespread issues with break-ins and car theft in general. Of course, it’s not the automaker’s fault if you forget to lock your Honda Civic or leave the keys in the ignition, but using keyless entry as a way to lessen the amount of lost keys in the ignition has proven effective. The Civic and the Accord remain targets even if the newer models are more difficult to steal.
Customer testimonials extol the general excellence of Honda vehicles. They are frequently robust cars with lots of amenities and great fuel economy. They are incredibly inexpensive to buy and maintain. They may continue to draw auto thieves for the same reasons. Some claim that older Honda models make excellent targets since they retain their worth longer and can be simply dismantled for scrap. They may not be the showy sports cars with gemstones that criminals in movies flee in, but they are nonetheless reliable vehicles with high value, according to both consumers and criminals.
Is there an anti-theft system on the Honda CR-V?
There are a few options to take into account if you want to reduce the cost of your CR-V insurance. As long as you maintain safe driving practices, traffic offenses will be erased from your driving record after six years.
Ask your provider if you and your CR-V are eligible for any unique discounts. You might potentially be eligible for a number of discounts, which would result in significant savings.
Check out one of the following companies if you’re looking for CR-V insurance because they might provide a variety of discounts:
- GEICO: In order to reduce expenses, GEICO, one of the least expensive large carriers you’ll discover, doesn’t employ agents. Typically, you can save 15% in comparison to other businesses.
- Erie: Erie is a rather competitive insurance provider, despite being a small one in terms of size.
- State Farm: Using this firm may cost more, but when you buy CR-V insurance from them, you get all the advantages of working with a big supplier who also employs a local representative.
According to Car Talk, if your insurance company offers other savings, you might be eligible for them. The following might be among these reductions:
- paying everything. Your provider can give you a discount if you can pay off your complete payment in one go each year.
- membership in an association. You might be eligible for a discount if you belong to a sizable club, a professional association, or an organization for your industry. A couple of them are AAA and AARP. Make sure to pay your dues since active membership is required for discounts.
- anti-theft tools Three of the four CR-V models come standard with a security system from Honda. The only trim where it isn’t standard is the entry-level LX model. Make sure to find out from your carrier what kind of discount you can qualify for if your CR-V is equipped with anti-theft technology. To get this discount, you might wish to buy a higher trim depending on how much the vehicle depreciates.
- driver safety training. If you complete a defensive driving course, your provider can provide you discounts. If you’re a rookie driver or nearing retirement age, this course will be helpful to you. Frequently, your insurance provider may give you further details about signing up.
Even if you find yourself in a physical altercation, you can rely on the Honda CR-V to keep you safe. It’s crucial to understand how much insurance costs could be and what factors affect these prices if you’re considering buying a new or used CR-V. Be aware of any savings you may be eligible for from your insurance company or based on the type of CR-V you choose to buy.
Why do Hondas get stolen the most?
Nobody desires to have their cars stolen. However, you can be more at risk for theft if you drive a particular brand and model.
The Honda Civic is the car that is stolen the most in the US, according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau. Honda Civics made up over 6% of all stolen cars in the United States in the previous year. The second most stolen car is a Honda Accord.
Because Honda car parts are in high demand and are simple to resell on the black market, Hondas are a favorite among thieves.
The full-size Ford Pickup is the third most stolen car. Pickup truck theft is thought to occur when offenders have additional crimes in mind, such transporting other stolen goods and commerce.
Which automobile will be the most stolen in 2022?
U.S. full-size pickups made up 14% of the vehicles reported stolen in 2021, according to a NICB report.
July 19, 2022, DES PLAINES, Illinois
In the National Insurance Crime Bureau’s (NICB) annual Hot Wheels car theft report, Chevrolet and Ford full-size pickups earned the top two slots for the second year in a row, and the GMC full-size pick-up made the top 10 list. 14% of the passenger vehicles reported as stolen in 2021 were full-size pick-up trucks manufactured by Chevrolet, Ford, and GMC.
According to David Glawe, president and chief executive officer of NICB, “Used car values are at record highs. We have seen a nearly 35% increase in used automobile values over the previous two years due to supply chain concerns and inflation.” Stolen vehicles can be torn down here in the United States and transported overseas for resale or used car components.
Which car is the most difficult to steal?
The Tesla Model X is one of the most difficult cars to steal, despite being the less expensive brother or sister of the Tesla Model S.
In addition to GPS tracking, the vehicle has a Sentry Mode that enables it to record its surroundings even when it is not in use.
Mercedes Benz GL 550 by TAC
You won’t need to be concerned about armed thieves because the Mercedes GL 550 from the Texas Armoring Corporation (TAC) has a (literally) impenetrable shell. You’ll just need to relax while you wait for reinforcements.
Which car is the simplest to steal?
Do you see a pattern here? Toyota Camrys are no exception to the rule that the most popular cars are the ones that thieves target the most. Criminals who steal the autos and sell the universal parts for a profit find their universal parts to be catnip. Beware if you drive a 2007 model: The most frequently stolen model last year was the 2007 Toyota Camry.
- Stolen items total 15,656.
- A popular model is the 2007
Which keyless vehicles are stolen the most?
Any vehicle with keyless access puts the community at risk for criminality. Ford Fiesta, Volkswagen Golf, Nissan Qashqai, and Ford Focus are just a few of the well-known vehicles that have been determined to be unsafe.