Both the Nissan Pathfinder and the Honda Pilot are roomy three-row SUVs. Each offers space for up to eight passengers on lower-level trims, but higher-tier versions have second-row captain’s chairs that reduce the number of seats to seven. The two rows of bench seating are probably necessary if you have six children, but many other drivers will like the flexibility that the captain’s chairs provide.
The Pathfinder vs. Pilot comparison’s cargo capacity is incredibly similar. When all the seats are folded down, the Nissan Pathfinder offers a cargo volume of 80.5 cubic feet, compared to the Honda Pilot’s 83.9. It is insignificant because the difference is less than 2%.
Nissan Pathfinders: dependable vehicles?
Breakdown of the Nissan Pathfinder Reliability Rating. The Nissan Pathfinder has a 3.5 out of 5.0 reliability rating, which places it 17th out of 26 midsize SUVs. It has cheaper ownership costs than the national average due to the $542 average annual repair cost.
Is a Honda Pilot purchase worthwhile?
The Honda Pilot is a solid midsize SUV, that much is true. With three rows of comfortable seats, a sizable load area, and a high-quality cabin, it succeeds on almost all counts. Thanks to a strong base V6 engine and a good balance of handling ability and ride comfort, driving it is also not boring.
Which is larger, a Pathfinder or a Highlander?
Finding a space in a parking lot that is big enough for the Nissan Pathfinder could be more difficult because it is wider than the Toyota Highlander. The Nissan Pathfinder and Toyota Highlander occupy almost the same amount of space in your garage when comparing overall lengths.
Does the Honda Pilot from 2022 have a CVT?
The 3.5-liter V6 engine produces 262 lb.-ft. of torque and 280 horsepower. It is coupled with the incredible continuously variable gearbox from Honda. With two-wheel drive, you can tow up to 3,500 pounds, and with all-wheel drive, 5,000 pounds. The sophisticated traction control system has modes for snow, sand, and mud. Therefore, the SUV can adjust to any surface you’re traveling on.
You can trust that The Pilot will function everywhere because it was even tested in America’s worst weather conditions. As soon as you start moving again after stopping for a bit, the idle-stop mechanism restarts the engine. The Eco Assist system also teaches you how to drive more sustainably. You get the best possible fuel economy from both features. Up to 27 MPG in the city and 23 MPG on the highway are possible**.
A Pathfinder vehicle is what?
Eight seats are available in the three-row SUV Nissan Pathfinder from 2022. The second-row bench seat is swapped out for two captain’s chairs with a moveable center console in the optional seven-seat configuration.
Do Pathfinders encounter many issues?
Ratings for the Nissan Pathfinder are above average. The Pathfinder ranks 17th out of 26 midsize SUVs with a reliability rating of 3.5 out of 5.0 on RepairPal. The Pathfinder can last you for a very long time if you maintain it properly. It is not without issues, though.
- Failure of the climate system, specifically problems with the A/C and heating systems, is a prevalent complaint among 2015 Pathfinder owners. Numerous reports claimed that the climate system flat-out refuses to function, which is a major issue when temperatures are really high.
- Problems with the navigation system – Several 2017 Pathfinder owners have reported that their SUV has problems with the navigation display. These include the rear assist display malfunctioning, the backup camera getting stuck, and the navigation controls freezing.
- Transmission problems – A common problem in the 2005–2010 model years, automatic transmission failure in Pathfinders may occur at about 90,000 miles. It appears that the crack-prone oil cooler tubing is what allows coolant to leak into the transmission system.
- Faulty fuel level sensor – From 1994 to 2016, over 16 different Pathfinder model years have been impacted by this problem. The Pathfinder’s fuel level sensor can malfunction, causing irregular or erroneous gauge readings, according to the reports. The gasoline pump needs to be replaced, which can cost between $673 and $833.
Can you trust Honda Pilots?
Breakdown of the Honda Pilot’s reliability rating. The Honda Pilot has a 3.5 out of 5.0 reliability rating, which places it 13th out of 26 midsize SUVs. It has cheaper ownership costs than the national average due to the $542 average annual repair cost.
What issues does the Nissan Pathfinder have?
Most prevalent Nissan Pathfinder issues
- Transmission issues with the Nissan Pathfinder. Transmission failure is one of the most frequent problems with Pathfinders, claims CarComplaints.
- Leaking Coolant into the Transmission
- Timing chain wear.
- HVAC and Heating Issues.
- Fuel level sensor malfunction.
Do Honda Pilots have many issues?
There are many options available if you’re searching for a Honda Pilot that is a touch more dependable than the versions we’ve already covered. Although the Honda Pilot has a few significant flaws, the most of its iterations have been exceedingly reliable and long-lasting.
- 2004\s\s 2007\s\s 2014\s\s 2018\s\s 2012\s\s 2019\s\s 2020\s\s 2015\s\s 2017\s\s 2008\s\s 2010\s\s 2006
All of these alternatives are strong, dependable, and have a very low frequency of the kinds of catastrophic issues and part failures that plagued earlier Pilot versions.
You’re looking to buy a used car, then. We have already prepared a list of crucial inquiries to make while purchasing a secondhand car.
Which Honda Pilot year is the best?
Overall, we believe that the second generation vehicles from 2009 to 2015 are the greatest deal. They provide greater space than the first-generation aircraft, but won’t cost as much as the third-generation Pilot, which is a relatively recent model.
- Less than 100 complaints on vehicles from 2014 and later indicate that the Pilot has been a reliable vehicle, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- The Pilot’s track record of dependability has one flaw: In 2013, a class action lawsuit involving an engine problem impacting more than 1.6 million automobiles was resolved. The 3.5-liter V6 engine used in 2009–2013 Pilots may malfunction or burn excessive amounts of oil, according to the lawsuit.
- The average annual repair cost for more recent Pilots is $542, which is less expensive than the Ford Explorer’s average annual repair cost of $732.
- In a recent survey of the cars most likely to travel 200,000 miles, the Honda brand came in second. Although the Honda Odyssey minivan, which has the same platform as the Pilot, was listed in the study’s list of 16 cars projected to reach that mileage milestone, the Pilot was not.
- The Honda Pilot is a dependable and reasonably priced SUV that, while not the most thrilling car on the road, should satisfy the ordinary driver for a decade or more of devoted service and can easily travel over 150,000 miles with proper maintenance.
What Pathfinder-related Toyota is there?
Seating for up to eight people is available in both the 2022 Nissan Pathfinder and the 2022 Toyota Highlander. With 148.0 cubic feet of passenger volume, the Nissan SUV makes sure those passengers have extra room to spread around. Contrarily, the Toyota SUV offers only 141.3 cubic feet of passenger volume.
Does the Honda Pilot have a remote starter?
Auto start is often such a handy function! The model year and trim level will determine if your Honda Pilot has auto start. Every Honda Pilot made in 2022 has remote engine start. For EX versions and up, the Honda Pilot has auto start.
Auto start can be a practical choice for getting into a toasty automobile in the middle of winter or a comfortably cool one on a scorching summer day.
Within a 100-foot radius of the Honda Pilot, the auto start function operates. If your trim level has heated seats and a steering wheel, it will even turn them on when the temperature outside is below 40 degrees.
Now, if only buying auto insurance was as simple as remote engine starting. It comes fairly close with the Jerry app!
If you have never utilized Jerry to discover auto insurance, all you need to do is respond to a few brief questions before you can begin comparing quotes from the best insurance companies in one location. From there, you can select the coverage package that offers the best value for your needs.
Starting up takes less than a minute, and the typical Jerry user saves $887 year on auto insurance!
Where are Honda Pilots made in 2022?
The 2022 Passport and 2022 Pilot are the first Honda light truck models to feature the new TrailSport logo, and both are built for adventure. At the Alabama Auto Plant, the Honda Pilot TrailSport started being made in October. On November 14, Honda celebrated 20 years of making cars and engines in Alabama.
The Pilot: Is it a nice car?
The Pilot is swift, sophisticated, and comfy, but it’s not exactly fun to drive.
It is a very practical car because to its three rows of seating, spacious interior, and plenty of storage space.
The infotainment system’s touch screen is difficult to reach and responds slowly to touch inputs, making it difficult to use.
Is the Nissan Pathfinder a high-end vehicle?
The Platinum trim of the 2022 Nissan Pathfinder is extremely opulent. The upscale Infiniti QX60, which the automaker is already introducing for sales in the fall, and the 2022 Nissan Pathfinder share the same fundamental platform, chassis, and powerplant.