Read an interesting post about this. I want to know what happens if you disconnect the battery because I’m new to iDrive. or disable the iDrive’s control fuse?
I’m not sure, but you might not want to completely disconnect the batteries in a BMW without taking some precautions because I’ve heard that if the car loses all power, it might enter an anti-theft mode. I’m not sure because I don’t work on my autos.
Anyhow, that wasn’t the type of reset the OP was referring about.
When you lock the car and turn it off, iDrive completely shuts off for roughly 12 minutes. In most BMWs, you can restart the computer for the idrive system, navigation, etc. by holding down the volume button for 20 to 25 seconds constantly. The volume is only momentarily turned off when the volume button is pressed; the system is not restarted.
In This Article...
For the life of me, I can’t get the names of contacts to appear whenever I receive a text. For years, this tool worked well. However, all of a sudden, I am only receiving phone numbers and not contact names. I’m using iOS 13’s most recent version.
2. SiriusXM just provided a three-month trial, and despite my repeated attempts, the automobile would not get their refresh signal. The subscription is active and functions properly on my phone, so it’s unclear why the car isn’t using it.
Can the idrive computer be restarted? Any assistance would be appreciated even though I don’t necessarily want to reset it and loose all my settings.
1. It’s not your iDrive; there are many of us who are experiencing the identical problem.
2. I’ve never used SiriusXM, so I have no idea.
I think the only way to reset it is to press and hold the radio power knob for 20 seconds or till it resets.
I mistakenly believed that I was the only one whose contacts no longer shown in text messages. It used to operate flawlessly before abruptly ceasing. I repeatedly attempted re-syncing but failed and soon quit caring.
If it restarts by holding the button down, kindly let us know. I attempted this procedure unsuccessfully in my prior 2015 435i, as well as in our 2015 x5 and 2016 x6. It only worked in my 2006 328i, which was my very first BMW.
Force a reboot by long-pressing and holding the eject and mute buttons. Not exactly a reset, though. It’s the same as starting your car.
I mean, I don’t really care because I can just check it on my Apple Watch, but still. When something works for a while and then abruptly stops operating, it annoys me.
Yes, I completely concur. I’d like to see them on a screen, so strange…
My 2016 BMW X5 needs to be reset.
2. To make the service indicator light appear, press and hold the Set/Reset button for 10 seconds. Scroll the service menu by repeatedly pressing the Set/Reset button.
3. If the service item is past due, the message “Reset executable” will appear. By holding down the Set/Reset button for 3 seconds, the reset will begin.
4. You’ll see the message “Execute reset?” Press the Set/Reset button one more for three seconds to confirm the reset. ‘Reset running’ will be indicated on a progress bar.
5. The message “Reset successful” is displayed to validate the reset.
6. Switch off the ignition. To make sure the indicator has been reset, start the engine.
How is a BMW manually reset?
The mechanic will reset the computer in your BMW after the service is complete so it can record your mileage and let you know when the car will need maintenance again in the future. However, the techniques listed below can help you if you maintain your own car but are unclear of how to reset the computer system.
- With the engine off, turn the key to the ON position.
- For TEN seconds, press and HOLD the ODOMETER button. It can be found at the Instrument Cluster’s extreme bottom LEFT corner.
- The dash screen will display FGSTNR along with a number. Your chassis number is this.
- The LAST FOUR numerals are added. Ex: 3+4+5+6= 18 Your UNLOCK CODE is going to be 18.
- Press and hold the ODOMETER button one more until the FGSTNR clearing area appears.
- Press the odometer button until the upper Menu area (entering code menu) reaches 19 after the bottom area has cleared; When you do, the text will appear at the bottom: Press the odometer button to enter your unlock code after turning the lock on. This is seen in the bottom portion.
- The screen will appear as in the image above after a little period, at which point the menu will once again appear at the top. To access the number 21 menu, press the odometer button.
- On the screen’s bottom, it will say: RESET? To complete the reset, press the odometer button.
Your BMW’s computer has been restarted! The existing settings must now be added again, or new ones must be added.
**NOTE: Slowly repeat the procedures if you are unable to reset the BMW computer on your first attempt. If you’re still having trouble, ask the dealership for help or refer to your car’s owner’s manual.
How can I reset my BMW x5 now that the battery has been changed?
Here are the instructions so that you can see how crucial the BMW computer reset is after reading the preceding explanation.
- Once the lights and radio are turned on, first switch the ignition key of the BMW automobile to the accessory position. This must be completed prior to starting the car. Then, hold down the “Trip” button on the instrument panel for a few seconds until the red light appears.
- Once more, press and hold the “Trip” button until Reset appears.
- Press the same button a third time after that. The BMW computer will quickly reset now.
BMW automobile battery replacement and computer reset are both inexpensive procedures. The sooner you complete this, the easier it will be for you to operate your BMW vehicle. Despite all of these facts, this surgery should not be taken lightly. There are auto repair shops with qualified experts who adhere to the manufacturer’s warranty guidelines. To receive a safe and secure service, consult these businesses.
On a BMW, where is the reset button?
Details regarding your unique BMW model can be found in your owner’s manual. Till the service notice shows, press and hold the tiny odometer button in the instrument panel’s lower left corner. When the message asks “Reset?” release the button, then press and hold it once again. Press and hold the button while releasing it once more.
My BMW Connected Drive app has to be refreshed.
Connected Drive by BMW. To reset the car data on your BMW with Operating System 8, choose “Menu” > “System settings.” Please be aware that after being restored to factory settings in vehicles with a manufacturing date of 11/2020, the vehicle will be deleted from your BMW ID on the My BMW App and My BMW webpage.
How is a BMW Connected Drive updated?
In the car, perform the following steps to update apps and services: – In the idrive menu, go to the “installed apps” menu item, press the idrive option button. – Go to installed services in the linked drive services and update those.
What is the time required for a BMW computer to reset?
Amazing detective work produced the solution! Unplugging the negative battery cable for 10 to 15 minutes will reset a BMW ECU. For most BMW models, this ought to be sufficient to reset the ECU.
Updates to BMW iDrive are possible?
Installing the software update is no more difficult than updating your navigation’s map, whether you acquire it straight from BMW or us. Simply load the file onto a USB memory stick or other thumb drive, insert it into the armrest USB port, and access iDrive’s Settings menu. Find the Software Update option in the menu, then adhere to the on-screen directions.
Simple to understand. One more concern remains, though: what if you use a BimmerTech upgrade kit to install a Combox or NBT Navigation and BMW later releases a crucial main software update? Not to worry. Simply take out the Combox/NBT before bringing your BMW in for an upgrade. When you receive it back, install it again. Contact our IT staff if it has to be recoded, as it occasionally does, and we’ll have it working again in no time.
If they choose to retrofit NBT EVO with ID5/ID6 into their BMW, Apple aficionados will also be thrilled by the ability to install Retrofit Carplay in an older BMW.
IDrive needs to be reset for a new owner.
A 2012 650i Convertible with 23K miles was recently purchased. It is preloaded with voice recordings and radio/navigation presets from the previous owner. Just a ton of info that has been preserved. Is it feasible to remove everything from this and transmit it in its original form?
Definitely helpful Google link I bet you’ve been waiting forever to pull that sleazy trick on someone.
I am aware of how to delete radio presets, but I would like to know how to delete everything, including navigation history, store data, radio content, all drivers, and all recorded music.
There must be a technique they employ to accomplish this when a car is traded to the dealer, right? They are unable to assign a tech to delete each and every item, and searching for everything takes hours.
Go to settings from the iDrive main menu. Position the iDrive controller to the right while in the settings menu. After that, move it to the right one more time to see the option to remove all personal information. I haven’t used it, but it’s in my car.
What are the BMW X5’s most typical issues?
The BMW X5 isn’t exactly a model of dependability, like the majority of luxury vehicles. It has a reliability score of 2.0 out of 5.0, which is below average, according to RepairPal. Here are a few of the most frequent issues with this upscale SUV.
- Multiple X5 vehicles have experienced issues with engine stalling. Vehicle stalling has been reported by owners while driving. Despite being more frequent at moderate speeds, some accounts assert that it can also happen when travelling quickly.
- Interior leaks: It was said that the X5’s sunroof was prone to interior leaks. It seems that the sunroof’s drain tubes frequently break down, allowing water to seep into the cabin and potentially harm the front electronics.
- Problems with the transmission: Some X5 model years have transmission troubles. These transmission problems led to sliding at low speeds and a loss in performance. Since the transmission may need to be rebuilt or replaced, these types of issues can be exceedingly expensive to fix.
- Engine overheating: Although less common, several owners reported engine overheating in their X5. This problem, according to experts, was caused by a malfunctioning water pump. A quick repair to keep the engine suitably cooled is to replace the water pump.
What is coding for BMW iDrive?
BMW iDrive coding, in its simplest form, entails modifying your car’s software in order to unlock new functions or modify how existing ones function. Most of the time, such capabilities are already included into your iDrive by BMW; all that needs to be done is for coding to enable them. iDrive is already built to accommodate a rear view camera in cars that come equipped with one from the factory, therefore activating a retrofit kit merely involves unlocking those software capabilities. One example of such code is to activate an aftermarket backup camera.