After a predetermined amount of driving, the inspection or service reminder message will appear in the display. You must reset the system interval and change the oil. Here are a few methods to reset the service light on an Audi Q3 depending on the type of your car:
In This Article...
st Generation (2015-2018)
You can access service intervals via a multimedia display in this first generation (2015 2016 2017 2018) to reset oil change. This is how you do it:
Without starting the engine, turn the ignition to the ON position.
If your car has keyless entry, start it up by pressing the engine start/stop button without applying the brakes.
- CAR button, please
- Choose SYSTEM menu or CAR SYSTEM.
- Choosing SERVICE & CHECKS
- the SERVICE INTERVAL DISPLAY option
- Browse down and pick OIL CHANGE RESET PERIOD
- To initiate the service interval reset, choose YES.
nd Generation (2019-2021)
Similar to the previous generation, the service interval can be reset via MMI, although the most recent model (2019 2020 2021) also includes a touchscreen:
- without starting the vehicle, turn the ignition.
- the primary menu Using the touchscreen, select VEHICLE or CAR.
- the SETTINGS & SERVICE option
- Service Interval of choice
- the RESET OIL CHANGE INTERVAL option
These guidelines were taken from the owner’s manual for the Audi Q3. The Audi Q3’s first and second generations should both follow this process (2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 model years). We hope that the information in the article Audi Q3: How To Reset Service Due Light After Oil Change (2015-2021) will help you with your issue. Best of luck!
How can the oil life of a 2015 Audi q3 be reset?
- Start the car.
- To access the service menu, press the CAR button.
- Use the MMI Controller’s bottom left button to navigate to CAR SYSTEMS from there.
- The CAR SYSTEMS menu will scroll to, and you can choose SERVICE & CHECKS there.
- Select SERVICE INTERVALS.
- Confirm your choice of RESET OIL CHANGE INTERVAL.
What does “inspection due” on my Audi mean?
Audi’s mileage-based reminder system serves only to prompt owners to bring their vehicles in for routine maintenance, such as oil changes and other maintenance items listed on the maintenance plan. The engine mileage is tracked by the computer system since the time it was reset, and the light will come on whenever a predetermined number of miles have been accumulated. It is programmed to activate once every 10,000 kilometers.
The mileage-based maintenance reminder system does not account for the distinctions between light and extreme driving conditions, load weight, towing, or weather conditionsimportant factors that affect oil lifebecause it is not algorithm-driven like other more sophisticated maintenance reminder systems. As a result, it is crucial to be aware of your driving conditions throughout the year and to consult a specialist as needed to assess whether or not your vehicle requires servicing based on your unique, most often driving circumstances.
The table below can help you estimate how frequently you would need to change the oil in a current car (earlier cars typically require more regular oil changes):
- Notably, the length of engine oil depends not only on the aforementioned elements but also on the model and year of your particular vehicle and the required type of oil. For further details on the recommended oil for your car, consult the owner’s manual, and don’t be afraid to ask one of our knowledgeable experts for guidance.
Depending on your driving habits and conditions, Audi recommends a series of inspections when the SERVICE DUE light comes on and you make an appointment to have your car serviced. These inspections will help keep your car in good working order and can help prevent untimely and expensive engine damage.
The graph below shows the suggested inspections by Audi for certain mile increments. An example of an Audi maintenance schedule can be seen in this graph. This information is subject to change about maintenance frequency as well as the maintenance conducted depending on variables, such as the vehicle year and model as well as your unique driving habits and conditions:
The Audi maintenance reminder system can be used to remind the driver to get their car serviced, however it should only be used as a general guideline depending on how and where the car is driven. The owners manual contains standard time tables on which other suggested maintenance advice is based. This does not imply that Audi drivers should disregard these warnings. A vehicle’s lifespan will be significantly extended by proper maintenance services, guaranteeing that it is dependable, safe to drive, protected by the manufacturer’s warranty, and having a higher market value.
A trained technician should always carry out such maintenance procedures. Contact our knowledgeable experts for guidance if you are unsure of what the Audi maintenance system means or what services your car could require.